Thursday, December 20, 2007

Babywatch: December 20th 12:50 p.m.

NO BABY, YET! Sorry for delaying my morning blog, but it does feel wonderful to know so many of you are reading! So here's the update. Liliana passed all her tests with flying colors yesterday. The ultrasound showed a beautiful, healthy girl who is happy and active. We even got to see her tongue moving! They think she is just over 7 pounds and doing just fine in the womb with plenty of amniotic fluid. We also did a nonstress test with the midwives which basically measured her heartrate and movement. Again, Liliana passed the test showing a healthy range of heartbeats associated with her movement. Actually she seemed to be showing off a little because my belly was visibily changing shape and ungilating with every movement. Her grandparents, Tom and Alice, were quite impressed with her performace all day. We really were so lucky to have Ian's parents along for both the ultrasound and midwife appointment.

So I guess you could say that we are quite happy to know Liliana is healthy and happy, though I feel a little sheepish for all the natural induction techniques I've been trying. I have to admit our midwives laughed A LOT about all the things I had tried. In the end, I guess we really are waiting for Liliana to be ready. Until then we will just continue waiting. I mean it didn't stop me from watching The Simpsons Movie last night. A little laughing never hurt anybody. And I have already been on two walks this morning. But, that is for my general health. ;)

Anyways, unfortunately Ian's mom, Alice, left this morning to go home to New York after a 10 day visit. She has plans to spend the holidays in Mexico, but will be back to Seattle in January to meet Liliana. Ian's dad will be by this afternoon for a visit, and my parents and little sis will be here tonight. I think I will have plenty of entertainment and distractions until Liliana is ready. Though she should know that we are ready any moment. Right now, even. Seriously Liliana. We are ready. Whenever you are ready. Anytime. (I just want to make sure she doesn't get the wrong message just because I am being so patient about all of this).

5 comments:

Edith said...

That great grand daughter of mine is developing quite a character. She needs an orients and waits until everybody is around for her grand entrance.
I am so happy and relieved that everything is fine and with all the walking you doing, once it starts it should be fast and easy.my love to you all Nana

Anonymous said...

Your belly shots are the stuff of legend, Marita! You are a natural beauty as a mom-to-be. Great blog, and I love checking in every day to see what's new in your progress. And it is progress--every day is one day closer to Liliana's arrival. I wish her (and you) a happy and healthy birth day.
Love to you all,
Deborah

JW said...

Hmmm... starting to think it's long past time for a baby pool. Something to pass the time.

edwardskara said...

Marita!!
It's Kara here from Roosevelt. Found you blog today and loved reading about your great journey of pregnancy. I have a 2 year old little girl, Twilight. Seeing your beautiful belly shots made me weepy. Being trying to get in touch with you for a while We have just moved to Western Australia for a while. My email address is edwardskara@yahoo.com
Much love and a big ALOOOHA to you three. Kara ( Ho ) Edwards

Erin said...

Wow! I can totally feel the anticipation! Thanks for posting - I've been repeatedly asking Briel "baby yet?" and I'm sure she was relieved to be able to point me to the blog. We'll be in Seattle the 29th through New Year's, but for now we are sending you lots and lots and lots of love from New York. Marita - keep smiling, she'll be here soon!