Sunday, December 23, 2007

Babywatch: 9:10 AM

Still no baby. No labor contractions. But, we should admit that there have been lots of Braxton Hicks/ practice contractions. We had a wonderful day yesterday with our family. We had a super fun walk around our neighborhood, a yummy dinner, a musical performance from Ian, and several hilarious games of Cranium. I was sure the belly laughs created from Cranium would put me in labor, but Liliana must prefer other games. Maybe tonight we will try Balderdash. ;)

For anyone concerned, I have also been resting a lot. I had a nap yesterday and went to bed fairly early. Plus nothing relaxes me more than listening to Ian play his guitar and sing. (Although, I did have competition for greatest fan because both our fathers were singing right along with Ian last night.)

My pops also found this beautiful card that has really been an inspiration to me. Ian read it to me several times yesterday.


PATIENCE (7 of Rainbows)
There are times when the only thing to do is to wait. The seed has been planted, the child is growing in the womb, the oyster is coating the grain of sand and making it into a pearl. This card reminds us that now is a time when all that is required is to be simply alert, patient, waiting. The woman pictured here is in just such an attitude. Contented, with no trace of anxiety, she is simply waiting. Through all the phases of the moon passing overhead she remains patient, so in tune with the rhythms of the moon that she has almost become one with it. She knows it is a time to be passive, letting nature take its course. But she is neither sleepy nor indifferent; she knows it is time to be ready for something momentous. It is a time full of mystery, like the hours just before the dawn. It is a time when the only thing to do is to wait.

So patience everyone. Liliana will be here soon. She certainly can't stay in the womb forever!

aloha. ian, marita, and sooner-rather-than-later liliana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and touching reminder to be or at least try to be serene and patient. Much love to everyone. Stacey

Heather said...

I agree with Stacey. Can you guys keep this blog going even after Liliana is born? She seems tech-savvy; maybe she can be webmaster.

Glad to hear you're resting, Marita! It's also nice to hear you have a full house with lots of people who love you surrounding you.

I miss you all! Hi to everyone!

Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Dascha and I are sending you positive thoughts and vibes (her thoughts, my vibes, hehehe) from the snowy confines of the frozen tundra ... stay strong kids, all three of you :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Children,

Hello from Mexico, we had a great day in old Mazatlan, walking around the city. We stopped for lunch in the old market, amidst blaring horns, bus fumes, shouting children, calling vendors: delicious and lively and full of life, really fun. I keep you in my heart and my cellphone in my pocket, waiting for that call! See you in January,

love and more love
Mom Alice