Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Babywatch, December 19th 11:57 AM

After unsuccessfully trying to concentrate on work, I have spent a portion of the morning thinking how best to entertain our blog-listening audience, and here's the best I've come up with. The first installment of Babywatch haikus. . . You are encouraged to add your own poems in the comments:

Thanks for visiting.
Liliana feels your love,
But still won't come out.

Licorice, walks, baths,
Pineapple, funny movies.
She's just not ready.

Voicemail, email, texts.
Phones ring unanswered. Sorry.
We still love you all.

Seven days feels long.
So excited we can't wait.
Solstice or Christmas?

aloha. ian & marita.

6 comments:

Mike DiGioia said...

The once was a Grunfeld baby
Who will be a cute little lady
She's several days late
Makin' Mom and Dad wait
Will she be here today? Maybe.

Edith said...

Pushing hard,licorice, walks and baths is definatly your way.
I come when I am good and ready and do it my way
your loving daughter Liliana.

ekolczynski said...

A hahahahahahahahahaha! Just think, without Lesley, you may have never been inspired to write Haikus. Actually, I know that's not true...trying to stay positive! :) Miss you bunches and love reading...I can hear yours and Ian's voices as I read. Hilarious! :)

Theresa said...

We are so very
excited to meet her soon.
We'll help hone her flick!

Lin said...

hey baby baby
what's taking so long in there?
we want to meet you!

I love this new blog! Marita, you look absolutely beautiful. Good luck when the time comes!

liz said...

Almost forty-two.
That was the longest week and
a half of my life.

Go out to dinner,
lots. Mine didn't like to drink
spicy milk, after.

Trees bend in the wind.
How did my parents make me
think they were in charge?

People who love you
cover the world: love, matt,
liz, and erica