Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Babywatch: 8:36 a.m.

No baby. No contractions. Dang licorice! ;) I guess I'll just let Liliana take charge now. She will come when she is ready. She has the hiccups right now if anyone is interested. It is funny when she has the hiccups. Perhaps after her hiccups I will go into labor. hee hee. Just kidding. I'm being REALLY patient. I do think our midwives are going to laugh when they hear about all the natural inducements I have tried. Mike even bought me some blue cohosh yesterday at the natural pharamacy (the same place he got that blasted licorice). I will wait until I talk to my midwives tomorrow before I am willing to take that step. Wow, tomorrow I will be officially one week overdue. 41 weeks pregnant. Unless, of course, I go into labor. I guess I can go on hoping. ;) Really I am not so emotional today about not being in labor because we have tried just about every natural inducement we have read about. Liliana must just not be ready. So we will continue to wait. This is fun, huh! hee hee. I have no choice but to have see some humor in this. Can you tell I am still anxious? I feel like it's obvious, but I thought I 'd just be honest here. Oh, well. I'll find plenty of things to do today. Perhaps a few more walks, spicy food, a funny movie. Oh, wait I guess I said that Liliana was in charge. Um, so I guess I will . . .well, a short walk wouldn't hurt anyone . . .

5 comments:

n8 said...

hey matira- have you tried playing music like the Ramones or the Hives.. maybe some deep african tribal rythms to stimulate her exit?


if I were there I'd just poke you in the belly.

keep the smile.

Theresa said...

Hey Marita and Ian! Thanks for the blog updates! We're excited to meet Liliana, and we're thinking of you!

Love, the Blaines

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... I love this! You guys are going to be fabulous parents. Where are you having Liliana? Who are your midwives? I'm working with the midwives at UWMC this quarter and next, but I'm guessing that if you were there, I'd certainly have run into you by now. Can't wait to meet Liliana!

-Megan Brady

Richard said...

Hi Marita and Ian,

Liliana is certainly working on training you as parents. She is in charge of the process and do you really think that that is going to change much?

You'll get used to it and even learn to like it. While you wait for her grand entrance to this world, enjoy the moments. You'll keep them forever.

love, Richard and Lee Anne and Nana too!

Georgia said...

Marita!!!

Just so you know... I used Black AND Blue Cohash every time... works like a CHARM. If you will recall I was nearly 3 weeks over with Kayden, and as soon as I tried the 2 cohashs' I had a cute little baby boy the next day. CALL me, if you have questions about it how to do it. Of course talk to your midwife first.

Also you should try curb walking while you are out on your walks... I did that too, every time. Walk with one foot down in the gutter and one up on the sidewalk. Then switch sides of the road and have the other foot in the gutter... it works I SWEAR!

And... if all else fails, you can try the Cheesecake method. I went into labor immediately after I gorged myself on half of a pumpkin cheesecake. :)

Love you!!!!!