Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Babywatch: December 19th 11:39 a.m.

Still pregnant! Except for a few gas pains last night, there is no action here at the moment. I am officially 41 weeks pregnant today (according to the original ultrasound at 12.8 weeks). I just got a call from my midwives and it looks like I will be going in for another untrasound to check things out. I think they are just checking for the amniotic fluid levels and to see that baby is doing well. We have an afternoon appointment at Seattle Ultrasound Associates and then a midwife appointment later this evening.

Ian is at work and actually covering for a sick receptionist. I am lucky enough to spend my morning doing laundry and hanging out with Rack, Mike, and Logan. Ian's mom, Alice, will be here in the next little bit to keep me company, too. I have to admit that I am truly blessed with all the love and support I have all around me. Living with Rach, Mike, and Logan couldn't be more of a pleasure. Logan is a constant reminder of the joys of motherhood ahead. Plus, I have been able to spend the week with Alice just getting to know her better as we walk and talk about life, love, motherhood, and frienships. I couldn't be more blessed than to have this time with her. I think Ian is starting to truly understand he married his mother incarnate. Alice and I both think this is the greatest compliment. ;)

Today also starts the influx of visitors we will be having for the holidays. Ian's dad, Tom, will be here this afternoon--hopefully in time to join us for the ultrasound. Then my parents and little sis, Gabby, show up tomorrow. On Christmas Day Mike's sister and nephew will join us, too. Just because there is a new baby coming doesn't mean anything changes around here in the Grunfeld-Caravalho Home. Perhaps, Liliana is just waiting for a crowd to make her grand entrance into the world. ;)

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments and support. I have to admit I check this blog rather obsessively all day long. It feels so good to know how many people love and support us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marita, you are handling this waiting with more patience and grace then I could ever muster. Good for you! I also check your blog obessessivly b/c I can't wait to hear about the arrival of the little girl...and b/c I am sure you guys are sick of phone calls. So keep blogging so I can keep reading!
Love you,
Kate

Unknown said...

Marita (and Ian) I LOVE the blog and the updates. Don't think I won't be constantly reading it from NJ!! :) Can't wait to meet Little L!
Hugs to you all!!
Love,
~L (o.g.)

Mom said...

Marita, I am so sorry I jinxed you by wishing you could be 2 weeks late to increase the chances that our babies would be born on the same day. You are totally holding up your side, but I cannot guarantee that I will go two weeks early, so I apologize again for even mentioning that you deliver late. I opened the conversation that made you talk about it, and Liliana must have heard you and got ideas. Let's talk about giving birth tonight, right now, immediately, so she can replace old ideas with new ones! Liliana, there is no better time than now! Today can be the first day of the rest of your life!
Love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I too obsessively link to your blog to hear news of the new fashionable late little Liliana. I can't wait to meet her.