Monday, December 17, 2007

Babywatch: 10:22 p.m. December 17th


Still no baby . . . BUT we have been working hard to encourage Liliana to join us for the holidays. I walked around Seward Park with Alice before lunch. After lunch Alice, Logan, and I took a stroll around Columbia City down to the Safeway and back home. We had spicy enchiladas for dinner. After dinner Ian played the guitar while I took a bath in our big downstairs tub. Oh, yeah, and I ate the licorice. Seriously, Rachael ate a whole box of Panda licorice the night before she went into labor with Logan. You might think I would have tried this candy inducement earlier. However, I happen to abhor--HATE--licorice. BUT, I have eaten about 6 out of 7 ounces of Panda licorice in the past three hours. That's a lot of licorice. I almost vomited several times and actually gagged. Licorice is gross. But, I am really anxious to meet Liliana. So, I sacrificed. I guess I am learning to be a mother. Unfortunately, no contractions. Yet. I guess I am also learning that Liliana is in charge. So yeah, I have tried just about everything I can think of to encourage little Liliana to be born. Now I will just continue to wait. We'll let you all know if this all works. Unfortunately because I have tried everything at once we will never know what works. If anything works. Dang, this waiting stuff is, well, sucky. But, at least I'm feeling really relaxed. Throughout history, the licorice root has been used for relaxing the body and reducing stress. That's what it says on the Panda box. Just look how beautifully relaxed I am in this picture. It's loverly. Um, I think I should get some rest just in case Liliana does decide to kick start us into labor tonight. So until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

Mugs said...

Hang in there Marita. I know the waiting part sucks, but it's so worth it at the end.

We're very excited for you!

Mugs