Thursday, January 3, 2008

Watching baby: 1 week and growing

We've been parents for seven lovely days. Liliana has been to the supermarket, the pediatrician, and to visit friends (it was 3 in the afternoon, but technically it was her first new year's party). She's perfect, but don't take our word for it- that's what our midwife said on her first check-up, and the sentiment was echoed by our pediatrician, who called her the most relaxed baby she's ever seen. Which is true- she has discovered her hands and sucks on them constantly. She only cries when we change her, and then only sometimes.

We feel like she's grown a bunch- at the very least her face has filled in some, but don't take our word for it, here's the link to a new gallery of pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ianjames/Liliana1WeekBlog

aloha.
liliana, marita, and ian.

6 comments:

liz said...

Sooo cute! You three are all gorgeous - you even look like you're getting enough sleep! :P

Edith said...

I can't tell you how many times I looked at the slide show, and my favorite is tje three of you together. you look so happy and contend and my little princess so cute.
I can hardly wait to met her and hold her.
love you all very much Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Thanks for the new photos and the update. The blog is just great. I have put it on Grandpa's favorites so he can follow along now, also on Carl and Anita's. Carl is so intrigued he is thinking of making a blog of his own....

Everyone comments on your lovely name, Liliana. Even people who did not know your great grandma, or don't even know that you are named for her....someone asked if you were Russian....

Can't wait to see you
With love
Gram-alice

Edith said...

The blog is my daily fix, keep it comming I look at it several times a day. Ian if you let Liliana cry near your computer you can record it and save it and then attch it to a picture. that would be something to hear her voice
I believe the Lilianan was popular in Romania and it is a beautiful name very musical
love hugs and kisses Nana

Georgia said...

ACK! She is beautiful :)

I can't wait to hold her myself.

xoxo

Edith said...

Hi guys. Liliana is georgeous and it is amazing how much she changed in one week.
Long time you didn't added a coment, I mean long for me.How was the visit with Mom?Let me hear from you, love you all very much Nana